|Company Name||Gannett Co., Inc.|
|Date Posted||November 19, 2012|
USA Today has an immediate opening for a Art Director in our McLean, VA office. The ideal candidate will encompass a broad range of skills and experience in order to develop digital advertising solutions that will live across multiple platforms. The primary responsibility of this position will be to design both standard and rich media advertising campaigns and interactive marketing content for the USA Today Website.
The Senior Designer/Art Director will confidently contribute to the development and design of creative concepts and independently lead projects of any size/scope from start to finish. They will also work closely with the UX and front-end development team to produce innovative marketing experiences.
- The ability to create inspiring and groundbreaking conceptual ideas that work in a truly integrated way for both online and mobile properties.
- Contributing new ideas and interactive design solutions for a diverse range of media and evolving technologies.
- Help to assure creative executions meet client objectives and adhere to strict brand guidelines.
- Must be self-motivated, hard working, well organized, and resilient to ever-changing timelines, requests, and deliverables
- Take the initiative to recommend ways the creative process can be improved upon and streamlined.
- Lead by example through all phases of the creative process.
- Candidate should be able to think across all media. Split 70/30 - interactive/print.
Skills and Abilities:
- Bachelor's degree, or higher, in Fine Arts or Graphic Design. Minimum 5-7 years experience with at least 2-3 years spent at a top advertising agency.
- Demonstrate an ability to solve complex problems through clean design and concise user experience.
- Ability to help hone messaging and copy on all creative executions.
- Demonstrates an understanding of storytelling, craftsmanship and continuity throughout all deliverables.
- Ability to execute across multiple media types.
- Effective communication with peers, front-end development team and senior management.
- Strong time management skills, with a proven ability to juggle multiple tasks and meet deadlines.