C# .NET Technical Team Lead
|Company Name||MDI Group|
|Date Posted||September 11, 2013|
C# .NET Technical Team Lead
Contract to Hire
Our client is seeking an energetic problem solver and technical team lead with proficiency in the area of C# .NET and, object oriented analysis and design principles. This applicant must be highly motivated to meet project deadlines and technology challenges.
Development responsibilities include applying best practices and patterns in order to achieve optimal performance, reusability and maintainability. Industry trends and the organization’s technical roadmap will need to be taken into account during design. Development responsibilities include overall application design and development, stubbing out critical application components using C# .Net, advising developers, doing code reviews, and managing the overall development process.
Production support responsibilities for applications include analyzing service issues, determining the causes, and resolving them.
The Technical Lead Developer will work closely with the Development Manager, Technical Systems Analyst and other Developers.
4-yr College Degree preferably in Information Systems, Computer Science, Engineering or related field
- Lead the design and development of multi-tier distributed applications in a Windows/Internet environment
- Function as a technical team leader, leading project teams by providing direction to team members; keeping team on track to complete projects and ensuring project goals are met; assigning tasks to team members and reviews the work of team members.
- Work with business owners to gather requirements, prepare functional specifications, form project plans and communicate progress throughout the software development lifecycle.
- Lead multiple projects throughout full lifecycle, interacting with business owners, designers, developers and technical operational teams.
- Work independently to review, coordinate, analyze and define requirements for new development or enhancements to and maintenance of existing systems
- Provides proactive advice and feedback throughout the development lifecycle for prevention and early correction of quality problems.
- Create technical and functional design documents. Create, validate and enhance prototypes for projects
- Analyze and design technical solutions for complex business requirements at line of business level
- Trains team members and serves as a technical resource to the team in the resolution of complex problems and issues.
- Development to include new product development, customizations and enhancements
- Well-seasoned in the creation of efficient SQL queries and understands how to optimize them for performance.
- Design and Construct components using .NET Framework and SQL Server
- Identify and resolve programming problems by following routine methods and established system development methodologies
- Assist in the development of training material for end users
- 5+ years of application development using C# .NET with at least 2 years in a tech lead role
- 5+ years of application UI development with one or more of the following
- WPF (Windows Presentation Foundation)
- Win Forms
- 5+ years of experience with accessing RDBMS systems via ODBC/SQL especially SQL Server 2008 or DB2
- Experience creating and consuming web services
- Experience with Three-tier architecture, objected oriented analysis and design, and UML
- Knowledge of all aspects of the Software Development Life Cycle
- Strong debugging and problem solving skills
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, coupled with solid teamwork ethic and customer focus.
- Experience with MS Office applications
- Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF)
- Experience with Reporting Services, and tools like Management Studio, SSIS, Report Builder, etc.
- Basic SharePoint knowledge