IT Specialist - Java Developer - Java, PHP, HTML, CSS, XML, SQL
|Date Posted||April 2, 2013|
Volt's Bellevue, WA Client is seeking an IT Specialist who is skilled in Java Development for a 6-month assignment. The project will include maintaining and adding new features to an existing high-profile website and web application, as well as evaluating an in-house tool (reporting experience will be a need for this portion). Tasks will include maintenance and back-ups, articulating business needs, making recommendations and editing reports, and working with internal/end-users on the business end. SharePoint has been a new addition to the IT environment, experience in SharePoint will be considered as a plus. Code management best practices, testing, and proper release experience is highly sought for this resource.
- Support/enhance web based application utilizing Java, PHP and PostgreSQL on Linux and Apache platforms.
- Support/enhance multi-brand web sites utilizing HTML, CSS, XML and manage web content management systems built on Expression Engine and WordPress.
- Under limited guidance, perform complex analysis, design and implementation.
- Design, program, code, test, debug and maintain applications from detailed specifications.
- Analyze and evaluate existing or proposed systems and/or modify applicable procedures.
- Coordinates user requirements and documentation for complex systems.
- Develop user based applications utilizing Microsoft Office, and SharePoint.
- Communicate effectively in writing and verbally with managers and other team members.
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to prioritize multiple tasks with high quality results.
- Willingness and demonstrated ability to learn new technologies.
- Troubleshoot user and system production issues across multiple platforms in a 24x7 environment.
These positions are offered through Volt Technical Resources, located in Redmond, WA. We are among the largest IT Staffing Companies in the US for contingent/temporary and direct hire placements, and support many of the top rated IT Companies in the Pacific Northwest.