|Company Name||Visix, Inc.|
|Date Posted||August 27, 2013|
Visix, Inc. is currently seeking an .NET Developer to join its Creative Services team in Norcross, Georgia. This person will have primary responsibility for life cycle management (e.g., analysis, technical requirements, coding, testing and implementation) to ensure projects are delivered on time and within budget. The ideal candidate will acquire a deep understanding of Visix and its Creative Services department objectives and be capable of formulating and implementing technical solutions to accomplish the goals of each project.
This person will report to the Creative Services Project Manager and will collaborate heavily on a daily basis with the Creative Content and User Experience Artists, as well as with members of the Visix Development and Support departments. This person will develop, test and maintain software applications that support interactive wayfinding projects, as well as other custom modules that may tie into existing databases and API’s (e.g. – Microsoft Exchange, Google Calendar, Twitter, Google Maps, etc.).
This is a direct hire and on site position in Norcross, GA. Experience preferred but will consider entry level for the right candidate.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Define, develop, integrate, test and maintain software applications that support the design of the project.
- Process and map data from outside parties, including XML, SQL and Oracle databases.
- Develop a simple user interface using web services to allow Visix clients to update interactive wayfinding databases if necessary.
- Participate in troubleshooting and support of legacy projects.
- Suggest and implement improvements to data workflow within the User Experience designs.
- Participate in ongoing development and improvements in department operations and procedures.
- Communicate with individuals in IT/IS departments from outside parties regarding technical application requirements for projects.
- Accurately estimate requirements and tasks and turn around other requirements in a timely fashion.
- Research and support emerging technologies.
- Other duties as requested.