Senior JAVA / J2EE Developer
Attention! This job posting is 7 days old and might be already filled.
|Company Name||Oriental Trading Company, Inc.|
|Date Posted||September 4, 2013|
Be a part of the GROWING workforce at Oriental Trading Company, a Berkshire Hathaway Company!
Recognized as a Top 50 Internet and a Top 50 Catalog Retailer, Oriental Trading Company promotes fun in how we take care of our employees, empower our employees to take care of our customers, and trust our customers to take care of spreading the word. Everything else simply takes care of itself.
The Senior JAVA / J2EE Developer position is responsible for leading the development team on efforts affecting multiple systems which includes designing, coding, implementing and maintaining the following systems: Our external websites, our order management system, and configuration tools our business partners use to run the day to day business.
- Act as consultant to Oriental Trading Company business units by providing solutions to complex business issues
- Research, development and implementation of cutting edge technical solutions.
- Performing due diligence with internal customers.
- Recommending Business System functionality.
- Assisting in developing business requirements.
- Assisting in developing Business Cases.
- Serve as task manager working with users, programmers and other OTC functional areas in development and installation of projects.
- Participate with team members in priority planning: estimating resource requirements, project planning and scheduling for programming projects.
- Write code independently.
- Participate in regularly rotated on-call duties: Must be available 24 hours/day to receive calls from Operators/Users, investigate and solve issues while on call.
- Provide training to new people and junior members of staff.