Senior User Experience Designer
|Company Name||The Sherwin-Williams Company|
|Date Posted||August 27, 2013|
The Senior User Experience Designer position is responsible for driving excellent user experience across a variety of websites and mobile applications. Lead efforts to develop standards and best practices as well as drive processes to ensure a positive focus on user experience.
Strategy & Planning
• Collaborate with business partners to understand needs and define requirements for websites and software applications.
• Oversee usability and design research for each project using techniques like contextual inquiry, competitive analysis, etc to understand usage problems.
• Lead and support UX strategy and process definition within the company.
Acquisition & Deployment
• Participate in all phases of the development process.
• Translate business and user needs into usable, visually compelling, and technically sound interactive solutions, utilizing multiple technologies.
• Communicate concepts using a variety of methods (i.e., wireframes, mockups, prototypes) in order to help stakeholders envision proposed designs.
• Conduct heuristic evaluation and task-based usability tests to validate design solutions.
• Establish and maintain UI consistency across designed systems.
• Support development team through iterative lifecycle of design implementation.
• Collaborate with marketing, product, engineering and customer support on the implementation, training, and support of design solutions.
• Train and mentor other team members as applicable.
• Conduct research into new technologies, including tools, components, and frameworks.
• Train and knowledge share with development teams.
• Mentor and coach developers and/or Professional Apprentices.
• Project and task management and reporting as necessary.
• Make presentations to management, clients, and peer groups as requested.
• Schedule and lead project and communication meetings with clients.
• Assist with other projects as may be required to contribute to efficiency and effectiveness of the work.
• Participate in hiring activities and fulfilling affirmative action obligations and ensuring compliance with the equal employment opportunity policy.
• Minimal travel as required
• Work outside the standard office 7.5 hour workday as required.