Sr. Java Developer
Attention! This job posting is 7 days old and might be already filled.
|Company Name||Vaco Technology|
|Date Posted||September 4, 2013|
Our client is looking for a Sr. Java Developer in Orlando, FL. This is a permanent role with a great company. Salary range: $85K-$95K. Please review the job description below and apply if you're a fit.
This position will work as a member of the Software Engineering team to develop and maintain all parts of the software suite. Qualified individuals must have a solid background in the fundamentals of computer science, and some background in distributed computing, large scale data processing, performance tuning and user interface design. The successful candidate will work with architects, product management, usability, quality, documentation, and the open source community to enhance and advance all portions of the client's software suite.
- Develop and test Java software components and classes as part of the Engineering Team using the Scrum development process
- Assist the technical support team in the isolation and resolution of customer issues
- Author developer documentation and participate in the development of end-user documentation
- Mentor and advise junior team members
- Communicate effectively with technical and non-technical members of the project team
- Support consultants, partners, and the open source community
- Simultaneously handle multiple tasks and projects
- 5+ Years experience in Java Object Oriented Programming experience
- Experience with SQL and an understanding of relational databases and architecture
- Experience with scalability analysis and performance monitoring and measuring techniques
- Experience with Windows and Unix/Linux
- Experience with software development best practices and design patterns
- Experience with build related tools such as Ant, Ivy, and/or Maven
- Experience with testing frameworks such as JUnit and Cactus
- Must be able to quickly understand technical and business requirements and be able to translate into technical implementation
- 4-year University degree or equivalent in Computer Science or related field
- Reliable, self-motivated, and focused on high quality delivery of work products
- Skilled in navigating the dynamics of working as part of a team
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in a team environment
- Knowledge of Business Intelligence concepts including ETL, OLAP, and Reporting
- Experience with application servers such as Apache Tomcat, JBoss, IBM WebSphere, and/or BEA WebLogic
- Experience with RDBMS systems such as MySQL, PostgreSQL, HSQLDB, and/or Oracle, SQL Server
- Experience with ORM tools such as Hibernate
- Understanding of agile or other iterative software development methodologies
We offer a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package which includes medical and dental coverage, life insurance, and 401 (K) plan.