Sr. Software Developer (.NET)
|Date Posted||September 4, 2013|
Sr. Software Developer (.NET)
Responsible for high quality technology solutions that address business needs by developing applications screens/reports within Microsoft .NET technology. Utilize mature development standards and tools, SQL, Ext JS, C#, Java scripting, etc. Learn and adhere to coding standards, procedures and techniques and contribute to the technical code documentation. Reviews the Software Change Requests under supervision. Remain aware of emerging technologies, programming languages and standards. Perform unit and system testing. Lead small size development projects/initiatives.
Essential Job Functions
- As appropriate, participate in project planning sessions with Project Managers, Business Analysts, Technical Analysts and development team members to analyze business / technology requirements and outline the proposed technology solution.
- Participate in design reviews and provide input to the design recommendations.
- Incorporate security requirements into design.
- Provide input to information / data flow.
- Adhere to technology control policies throughout design, development and testing.
- Incorporate Corporate Architectural Standards into application design specifications.
- Ensure interface specifications are included in completed deliverable.
- Identify applicable system platform, components, and dependencies.
- Document the detailed application specifications.
- Translate technical requirements into programmed application modules.
- Develop / enhance software application modules.
- Provide uniform integration into legacy systems.
- Perform unit, system and integration testing and participate in capacity / performance testing of an application.
- Create / test prototypes.
- Complete assigned project deliverables within business / audit control requirements.
- Identify and document ongoing maintenance requirements.
- Participate in code reviews and ensure that all solutions are aligned to pre-defined architectural specifications.
- Perform system integration testing and analyze / report the results to pertinent teams.
- Identify / Troubleshoot application code-related issues (provide 3rd level production support / issue resolution).
- Review and provide feedback to the final user documentation.
- Perform data loads, as needed.
- Adhere to technology disaster recovery procedures.
- Participate in project estimating activities.
- Establish working relationships with business and project team members.
- Manage individual workload and deliver to agreed upon project milestones.
- Actively participate in HR performance measurement processes.
- Coach / mentor other junior team members as appropriate.
- Demonstrate ability to work in team environment and help resolve issues.
- Communicate status / risks to manager regarding delivering solution on time.
Knowledge Sharing / Management
- Attend training on knowledge management processes and tools.
- Share / leverage successful products, processes and best practices across technology.
- Maintain project documentation in a well organized / easy to access document management system.
- Proactively support knowledge sharing by participating in communication processes.
- Contribute to continuous improvement by leveraging quality improvement methodologies (Six Sigma, etc.).
- Experience in Visual Studio is a must.
- Knowledge of SDLC would be a plus.