User Experience Team Lead
|Company Name||The Sherwin-Williams Company|
|Date Posted||September 4, 2013|
The User Experience Team Lead position will lead the design team to drive excellent user experience across a variety of websites and web and mobile applications. Lead efforts to develop standards and best practices as well as drive processes to ensure a positive focus on user experience. Expected to be a consistently reliable technical professional that can handle all job responsibilities autonomously, while executing at the highest level. Oversee and manage the daily work of a team of interaction and visual designers.
Strategy & Planning
• Provide guidance and input into Quarterly Work Plans.
• Collaborate with customers, business analysts, designers, and developers to translate requirements into UX deliverables that meet business objectives.
• Oversee usability and design research for each project using techniques like contextual inquiry, competitive analysis, etc to understand usage problems.
• Lead and support UX strategy and process definition within the company.
• Submit and review process improvement recommendations as a member of the technical leadership team.
• Determine staffing and skills requirements.
• Drive change.
Acquisition & Deployment
• Participate in all phases of the development process.
• Manage UI resources to translate business and user needs into usable, visually compelling, and technically sound interactive solutions, utilizing multiple technologies.
• Communicate concepts using a variety of methods (i.e., wireframes, mockups, prototypes) in order to help stakeholders envision proposed designs.
• Conduct heuristic evaluation and task-based usability tests to validate design solutions.
• Establish and maintain UI consistency across designed systems.
• Develop client relationships through communication and engagement on projects.
• Work with analytics team to continually improve current production interfaces.
• Support project teams through iterative design implementations.
• Lead design and communication meetings with clients.
• Train and mentor other team members as applicable.
• Provide daily management and leadership to the user experience/design team.
• Conduct activities like staffing, performance and resource management, and strategic direction of the team.
• Create and maintain development plans for each team member, including training, skills assessment, career planning, and goal planning.
• Set employee objectives, monitor and evaluate performance and provide feedback and mentoring.
• Manage personal growth objectives for the Team in conjunction with Career Development Office.
• Coordinate various operational and administrative tasks as necessary.
• Work with a cross-functional team on special projects expanding outside of our normal scope of work.
• Conduct research into new technologies, including tools, components, and frameworks.
• Handle project and task management and reporting as necessary.
• Train and knowledge share with development teams.
• Mentor and coach designers and/or Professional Apprentices.
• On-boarding and off-boarding contractors and other temporary staff as needed.
• Project and task management and reporting as necessary.
• Make presentations to management, clients, and peer groups as requested.
• Assist with other projects as may be required to contribute to efficiency and effectiveness of the work.
• Contribute to various process improvement initiatives as requested.
• Responsible for hiring activities and fulfilling affirmative action obligations and ensuring compliance with the equal employment opportunity policy.
• Minimal travel as required.
• Work outside the standard office 7.5 hour workday as required.