VP of Engineering
|Company Name||Sharf Woodward|
|Location||Relocate to Santa Clara, CA, CA|
|Date Posted||August 27, 2013|
As the VP of Engineering, you will utilize strong engineering management and technical competencies to set objectives, develop strategies, and provide direction and leadership to the software engineering team. We are looking for candidates who strive in a fast paced environment. You will be part of a dedicated team. Open communications, empowerment, innovation, teamwork and customer success are the foundations of the team.
- VP of Engineering will manage software engineering directors and managers. Via these direct reports, directs software developers, infrastructure and quality assurance engineers, as well as temporary staff supplement contractors and vendor professional services engagements.
- VP of Engineering will direct 4 - 6 concurrent product development teams to architect and deliver software engineering projects . Projects include redesigns / relaunches, enhancements, cross-site products, new site and application launches, and post-launch maintenance. Key activities include application architecture, application design, data model design, Virtualization, GUI, user interface engineering, TACACS, filtering, back-end software engineering for patches and updates, and systems integration.
- VP of Engineering will work collaboratively with other functional departments in cross-functional teams to plan and deliver product releases, including editorial, product management, project management, interaction design, and cloud services. Identifies project risks related to technology; develops and executes plans to mitigate these risks.
- VP of Software Engineering will execute cross-team and cross-departmental problem management processes to identify, troubleshoot, investigate, and resolve recurring technology and application-related incidents.
- VP of Engineering will work in conjunction with Finance and Product Management to scope and estimate feature requests. Manages assignment of approved projects across delivery teams based on business priorities, budget constraints, and resource constraints utilizing an Agile Development Model.
- VP of Engineering will provides input to strategic planning for departmental capital and operating budget; sets and meets budget goals and objectives. Works with the Finance team to manage and track project cost actuals and forecasts against budget.
- VP of Engineering will collaborate with counterparts in Services and Support to correctly categorize Priority and Severity, product engineering and senior management to define architecture and roadmap for strategic platform initiatives to address the company's growth and the evolution of Company Product Roadmap.
- Collaborates with platform product engineering, supply chain and senior management to define common standards and reuse for code base architecture across products and sites for economies of scope and scale.
- VP of Engineering will assess vendor landscape for software and professional services; identify opportunities to leverage external vendors to help improve product quality and reduce costs. Prepares recommendations for review with leadership.
- VP of Engineering will evaluate vendor and partner proposals for purchases of software and professional services; manages vendor contracting and oversees vendor service delivery. Oversees technical evaluation of vendor software products and potential partnerships.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related technical field from an accredited college or university, or commensurate experience
- 10+ years of experience implementing technology solutions, including 4+ years of management experience
- Experience implementing aggregation and visibility monitoring products
- Experience implementing Zen, XMWare, HyperV
- Knowledge of continuous delivery patterns (i.e., automated testing, continuous integration, continuous deployment)
- Knowledge of cloud infrastructure and platforms (i.e., Amazon Web Services, Hadoop, Heroku)
- Knowledge of Source Code Control SVN and Perfore
- Knowledge of relational database platforms such as MySQL and Oracle
- Knowledge of large-scale Java web application architecture, design, implementation and performance tuning.
- Working knowledge of common MVC frameworks (e.g., Struts, Spring).
- Working knowledge of caching technologies and patterns (e.g., Memcached, CDNs) and other related web application scaling techniques.
- Working knowledge of RESTful services definition and integration
- Knowledge of mobile development including Android and iOS