|Date Posted||September 11, 2013|
Footlocker.com / Eastbay / CCS is on the cutting edge of on-line retail technology. Our IT Development team is expanding to meet the needs of our growing creative initiatives.
Footlocker.com / Eastbay / CCS operates the direct to customers business for Foot Locker, Inc. - the world's leading retailer of athletically inspired footwear and apparel. Our brands include Footlocker, Eastbay, CCS, ChampsSports, Footaction, KidsFootlocker, and Lady Footlocker. In fact we manage 14 of the largest sport inspired web and mobile sites on the net, which enjoy over 250 million visits per year.
At Eastbay, a Web Developer provides technical expertise and leadership in the conception, design, development, implementation, and deployment of web-based user interface systems. A successful Web Developer must demonstrate the ability to solve complex technical problems, take responsibility in delivering solutions, and adhere/contribute to Eastbay/Footlocker.com I.T. best practices.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Work with other members of the project team to develop site content, interface design, multimedia, and architecture of websites that focus on the needs of our customers.
- Support, adhere to, and contribute to the evolution of the UX team's standards and practices through collaboration, code reviews, wiki contributions, proactive suggestions, and other collaborative tools.
- Provide experience-based estimates for completion of work assigned to assist planning of monthly releases and long-term initiatives.
- Develop code that maximizes readability, scalability, maintainability, and modularity/reusability.
- Integrate web applications with backend databases, via direct database calls, web services, and processing JSON/XML feeds as required by project requirements.
- Keep current with existing and emerging web trends in e-commerce and in the web at large, to keep the websites in line with our customers' expectations.
- Build strong relationships with other teams, and leverage those relationships to advance and improve the user experience, to further the goals of the business.
- Advocate for the customer as the silent team member, and works to keep the customer at the center of UI decision making.
- Develop and apply technical knowledge and thorough understanding of E-commerce applications.
- Research and develop prototypes of new technology with an eye to the beneficial growth of the websites.
- Research, test, build, and coordinate the integration of new products per production and client requirements.
- Develop an accurate and useful understanding of the Project Life Cycle process as practiced at Eastbay.